So, as anyone would actually know me would say, I LOVE personality tests. I think I just find it interesting that I can read these traits that someone like me might have. I love relating to them and seeing how other people’s personalities are. So I always like taking tests and just relating in general. Here are the tests I like to take (and like having my friend’s take). This is basically just telling you all about who I am. Enjoy.
The Myers-Briggs Test.
- I am and INTP “The Logician”
- I am 78% Introverted over Extroverted, 84% Intuitive over Observant, 58% Thinking over Feeling, and 68% Prospecting over Judging.
- Introversion, simply put, is that I gain energy from being alone. Unlike Extroverts, being around people tends to drain me and I need to regain energy from spending time alone. This does not mean I am quiet, however. I am actually quite talkative, but I can only be talkative around people for so long before I just become tired.
- Being Intuitive is basically letting my imagination flow. I like to think of all the possibilities, and am quite curious. Considering that I am much more Intuitive, this could be one of the reasons I am so anxious. I like to think of ALL the options, usually the bad ones. Oops.
- Thinkers are people who tend to focus on logic rather than their emotions. It’s not that I don’t have emotions or that I don’t feel things. It is almost 50/50 after all. I just ten to try and focus on the logic of the situation rather than think about my emotions. Because of this, I can be seen as quite rude because I don’t show my emotions often.
- Lastly, Prospectors are basically people who thrive off of improvisation. I don’t like to plan things out and would rather do things on a limb. I don’t want to be held back by a plan and am really along for the ride. However, I tend not to do well with things like to do lists…
- Although this isn’t a part of the normal Myers Briggs, some tests give you what they call “Identity”. This decides whether you are Assertive or Turbulent. I am putting this in because I am 95% Turbulent and I thought that was a big number. The test that I took worded it like this, “Turbulent individuals are self-conscious and sensitive to stress. They are likely to experience a wide range of emotions and to be success-driven, perfectionistic and eager to improve.” and I thought that was accurate enough.
The Big Five (OCEAN) Test
The Big Five Test uses 300 questions to rate you on Five (duh) traits. Openness to Experience, Conscientiousness, Agreeableness, Extroversion, and Neuroticism. And well, here’s what I got.
- Out of 100, I got a 24 in Openness to Experience (Imagination, Artistic Interests, Emotionality, Adventurousness, Intellect, and Liberalism) . Everything was below 50, except Imagination which got a 72 (completely accurate). Openness to Experience describes how “down to earth” people are. The higher on the scale, the more “out there” you are. As a 24, I tend to think more logically on things rather than the crazy, impractical ideas.
- Even lower than Openness, I got a 6/100 on Conscientiousness (Self-Efficacy, Orderliness, Dutifulness, Achievement Striving, Self-Discipline, and Cautiousness). My highest score was in self-efficacy, and that was a 28. Conscientiousness is how “in the moment” you live. The lower, the more “in the moment”. This is where my procrastination habits really shine through. I plan in the future to a certain extent (basically what I will do that night)
- On the Extraverted (Friendliness, Gregariousness, Assertiveness, Activity Level, Excitement Seeking, and Cheerfulness) side of things, I scored a 14. Everything was below thirty, except Activity Level (65). Activity Level basically scores how busy my life is. Enough said.
- Probably the only average thing I am, Agreeable (Trust, Morality, Altruism, Cooperation, Modesty, and Sympathy.) I got a 39/100, which is average I guess. This basically is how much I care to help others. Because my range on these traits was so crazy, let me tell you all of them.
So I got “Average”, but only because the traits were all over the place. The Trust and Modesty are the biggest things, hence the stars. Basically , explaining myself, the idea is that I genuinely want to help people and I do really care, but I don’t trust people. I am actually more likely to help someone that I don’t even know, ironically. I really want to help others, but because I don’t believe in the morality of society, I don’t.
- Lastly, the craziest one, Neuroticism (Anxiety, Anger, Depression, Self-Consciousness, Immoderation, and Vulnerability) . The Term “Neurosis” was used first by none other than Freud. He defined it as “a condition marked by mental distress, emotional suffering, and an inability to cope effectively with the normal demands of life.” Yeah, sounds about right. So, as has become evident in a couple posts, I scored highly on this part, 95/100 to be exact. My highest being Depression and Immoderation at a whopping 98. Since, most everyone understands depression (and I will explain it further in a different post) let me quickly explain Immoderation. Immoderation is really that I have difficulty saying no to my “Strong urges” whatever they may be. I find pleasure in the short term (I will explain why in another post…again) For reference, my lowest score was a 74 in Self-Consciousness and the was the only one below 80.
The Five Love Languages
For anyone who doesn’t know, this a test that bases the ways in which you want to receive love. It’s a very short test, but I believe it says a lot about the person.
- The Five Languages are Words of Affirmation, Receiving Gifts, Physical Touch, Acts of Service, and Quality Time.
- I scored highest on Words of Affirmation (10/12) and lowest on Physical Touch (2/12)
- Personally, I believe Words of Affirmation is my highest due to how my mother talked to me when I was younger (and even now). Because I rarely received genuine praise from her, I think I tend to be more emotional towards someone who does tell me nice things. From experience, it definitely affects me the most.
- I also believe that my physical touch is so low due to my last relationship. My ex was so adamant on touching that it really started to wear me down. It got to a point of sexual assault and that’s why I think that I respond badly to a really intimate touch.
And yeah, that’s basically it. Just a little “get to know me” section. Hopefully this can also change the way you read my posts. After all, it’s quite different to read something when you know how the writer was feeling.